On 08.03.2015 21:49, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

When compiling LibreOffice 4 (both 4.4.1.2 from the source tarball
and the HEAD from Git) I have trouble including Python.

Before this I had compiled LO 4.3.5.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow
Leopard) and everything went without problems. Just ./autogen.sh
(without any options) and make.

However I wanted to switch to LO 4 and therefore I had to go to a
newer version of Mac OS X. I installed Yosemite (10.10.2), and now it
couldn't find Python anymore.

I have included part of the logfile below. The linker complains about
not being able to find the library -lpython2.7, as there is no
corresponding -L option. Also I don't know why it wants python 2.7 as
I thought LO 4 wants Python 3.3. Maybe it is because the standard
python invocation on my system is 2.7, and 3.3 must be invoked as
python3.

iirc the configure will only try to use a python >= 3.3 from the system;
if your build is trying to use system python 2.7 you probably used
--enable-python=system, or maybe i remember it wrong and it works
differently on Mac (but why?).

I also tried to include  --enable-python=internal but then it
couldn't find it. So I wonder how the LO build gets its internal
Python: does it compile it from source or does it make a copy of a
Python on your system?

what does "it couldn't find it" mean?

it should build the bundled python3 from source and link pyuno against
it; if you change the configure flags you need to "make pyuno.clean" to
rebuild pyuno against the bundled python3.

PS:
please don't reply to a random unrelated mail from the mailing list,
it's less confusing if you start a new thread for a new topic.