On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 7:18 AM, Michael Stahl <mstahl@redhat.com> wrote:

we shouldn't maintain our own make fork but use the upstream release if
possible; the Win32 make binary you can download from
dev-www.libreoffice.org was built from the upstream git repo.

I completely agree... the reason I created that to start with is
because I needed some more useful debug trace on invocation of $(call
to debug things when we where working a lot on gnumake.... I tried to
upstream these (quite small) patches.. but these were silently ignored
upstream...
so I did and used my own fork to be able to use this...

of course thee are some advantages to having this repo, we can do some
experiments and add fixes to bugs we have (like the one you found).

yes, and prepare patch for upstream, including rebasing them while
upstream is sitting on them..

Note: I do _not_ use that repo to build make for the slave bot...

Norbert