Over the course of a few days I've spawned and terminated many soffice
instances using

  > soffice --accept="pipe,name=rnd_pipe_name;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager" --invisible

where "rnd_pipe_name" is a unique and randomly created string.  I just
noticed that there are heaps of pipes left behind in my /tmp folder,
including the "SingleOfficeIPC" pipe:

  srwxr-xr-x 1 savage wheel      0 Feb 20 08:52
OSL_PIPE_501_SingleOfficeIPC_27251de6a1ae2a94095e16e3d552ebc
  srwxr-xr-x 1 savage wheel      0 Feb 14 11:37 OSL_PIPE_501_loffice-50f117d62f2a4-lTtuWW
  srwxr-xr-x 1 savage wheel      0 Feb 14 11:39 OSL_PIPE_501_loffice-50f11827b34d6-mMewJu
  srwxr-xr-x 1 savage wheel      0 Feb 14 11:52 OSL_PIPE_501_loffice-50f11b187b65a-9FfATf

Is it safe for me to clean them up, will the OS do that at some point?
But more importantly: should soffice remove its allocated resources?

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Tröger