On 12/04/2014 09:55 PM, Terrence Enger wrote:
It's not a big deal for me (because I am just looking for trouble,
not trying to get work done), but maybe somebody cares: my attempt to
run LibreOffice installed from (I am retyping this with newlines
added)

      http://dev-build.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@43/current/

libo-master~2014-12-04_02.44.11_LibreOfficeDev_4.5.0.0.alpha0_Win_x86.msi

on Windows Vista fails with message

     This application has failed to start because MSVCR120.dll was not
     found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

A comparison with my previous installation, "TinderBox:
Win-x86@51-TDF, Branch:MASTER, Time: 2014-11-28_08:54:54", shows that
program/ within the older installation has msvc480.dll but the newer
version does not.  Neither program/ has MSVCR120.dll.

I assume you mean @42, not @43? Looking into <http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/Win-x86@42/2014-12-04_22.57.23/libo-master~2014-12-04_22.57.23_LibreOfficeDev_4.5.0.0.alpha0_Win_x86.msi> with Orca, there /is/ a msvcr120.dll included in the File table. It is not clear to me why that apparently does not get installed onto your machine or is not found by LO (and it is neither clear to me where it would be installed to, into the LO program directory or into some global Windows directory). Maybe Timar knows more.

(Older dailies would likely not contain nor require msvcr120.dll, as that is the runtime corresponding to the MSVC 2013 compiler. Older dailies had likely been built with the MSVC 2012 compiler, with corresponding runtime msvcr110.dll.)

I assume you mean msvcr80.dll, not msvc480.dll? msvcr80.dll (corresponding to MSVC 2005, I think) is included in LO installation sets because LO's Mozilla address book driver needs it. It is only included if the build has been configured --enable-win-mozab-driver. There appears to be no useful accounting for the daily builds, but I'd assume that the given libo-master~2014-12-04_22.57.23_LibreOfficeDev_4.5.0.0.alpha0_Win_x86.msi has been configured --disable-win-mozab-driver. Thorsten should know more.