Hi Terry,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:28:21AM -0400, Terrence Enger <tenger@iseries-guru.com> wrote:
On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 12:12 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
Since you have the source hash in the build-info.txt file, it might be helpful
to have some script tagging the commit accordingly so that 'git bisect log'
shows the source hashes too.

That would be helpful.  However, I would ask for the date to show as
well: the ability to predict "the next step will go forward/backward"
and then to see that happen helps to build confidence.

My new builds now have a commit message like "2014-10-15:
source-hash-defa080e585fb351bc4049b2f280d2e7e5256f6e" in the dbgutil
repo, hope that keeps everyone happy. :-)

hashes in the report of results.  Would it be worthwhile to provide a
table of source hashes by date linked from that wiki page?  Or will
existing versions in the repository be retagged with the additional
info?

I have no plans to touch existing commits.

Regards,

Miklos