On 27/09/14 16:05, Zolnai Tamás wrote:
<mailto:vmiklos@collabora.co.uk>>:

    On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 08:26:38AM +0200, Zolnai Tamás
    <zolnaitamas2000@gmail.com <mailto:zolnaitamas2000@gmail.com>>
wrote:
    > So the only question is:
    > Is it possible to replace the 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 linux packages with
new ones
    > which are compiled with newer compilers? (expecting this is the
problem)
    > To fix the bug mentioned above.

    Isn't it possible to stick to boost::shared_ptr on -4-3, given that's
    what other code does?

It's the collada2gltf code which uses std::shared_ptr at many places so
it would be much work to replace all of them with boost::shared_ptr, but
actually can be done if necessary. I just thought packages are created
with newer compilers, since they generate more better output (in theory).
Other thing is that I need to know whether this is the problem indeed.
So can I know what compilers are used for packages? Are they support
std::shared_ptr?

for LO 4.3 and earlier releases the RHEL5 gcc is used, i don't remember
if it is gcc 4.1 or 4.4; we're only switching to a C++11 compiler for LO
4.4.

actually most users will use the distro provided LO packages anyway and
those don't suffer from our ancient upstream RHEL5 baseline.

anyway, std::shared_ptr and boost::shared_ptr should be mostly the same,
so "find ... | xargs sed -i ..." should be able to fix things up quite
quickly to get a patch for the 4.3 branch.

Hi,

So I replaced all C++11 code from collada2gltf and it compiles for me with
"--std=c++03" flag and the feature works as expected. Here is the patch for
4.3 branch:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/11706/

It would be helpful to test whether it compiles and works with the old
compilers used for packaging.

Thanks,
Tamás