On 17/09/2014 14:32, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:04 AM, nicholas ferguson
<nicholasferguson@wingarch.com>  wrote:
>Thanks. There is an English language issue.  Your points #1 and #2... I
>don't understand what you are referring to
It is indeed an international list.. we usually use English, but if
that is an issue, what language would you feel more at ease with,
maybe someone can accommodate
Libre Office is, from its roots, a German product iirc. That big clean-up I mentioned included translating most of the comments from German into English.

Not surprisingly, therefore, LO is a European-based product, with many (maybe a majority?) of devs being non-native-English speakers. (It doesn't help when Americans think they speak English :-) Besides English (which may be a minority, as I said), I suspect a large portion of people here have as their native language either German or a variant of Slav.

Cheers,
Wol