On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Kacper Kasper <kacperkasper@gmail.com> wrote:
Provided that it is done properly, not overly invasive, and there is
manpower to cater to the port(*), I'd say chances are good we would
accept the patches.
But, I strongly urge you to not wait 'when it is finished'.
A big code dump is very unlikely to be reviewed favorably... I
strongly encourage to get involved early with this dev community, and
seek review of your work early to insure that you are on a track that
will allow a smooth upstreaming.

Will a github fork suffice?
No,
here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/

I don't want to send my patches upstream
because they are very hacky at the moment and wouldn't get accepted
anyway.

Then they presumably won't be accepted as a massive code drop at then
end either right ?
The soonner you get them in shape, learning the quirck specific to
this project, the easier it will be to upstream :-)
(yes I read Haiku's code formatting convention :-) please do _not_
follow them for LO patches :-) )

For example you prolly will need some patch/new files in
solenv/gbuild/platform/*
these would likely not be too controversial as they are platform
specific files anyway.

(*) Libreoffice is a fairly active and large project. any port will
need some sustained attention to keep up.

I am aware of that. I am willing to maintain it.

Good, As long there are people willing to do the work, we tend to try
accommodate things :-)

Norbert