On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 01:06:11PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
setup-x86.exe ...

autoconf automake pkg-config

Yeah, those are a pain to port (ironically -- as their original purpose was to
provide portability -- to now obsolete systems). I was only half joking when I
considered CMake to be a decent autoconf replacement that got out of control.

bison doxygen flex gperf patch

Those are mostly *nix natives -- but it should be possible to have them in
external/ like so many other things if really needed.

cabextract

windows specific -- could also live in external as its surely is available natively.

libxml2-devel libpng12-devel

Seems those would be saner as natives external/ too if needed.

mintty openssh openssl vim gnupg git rsync

Wat? Seem like convenience to me, not hard deps.

zip unzip wget

Widely available on win32. Also the functionality is trivially implemented in
python oneliners, we already ship python.

python readline

We are shipping those ourselves on win32 arent we?

perl perl_vendor

I already commented on those.

make

Doh, would be gone with a native make.

gcc-g++

Used for bootstrapping concat-deps? Likely not too hard to do with a native compiler.

it's possible that Msys has a lot of the things we need, but perhaps not
things like cabextract, doxygen, gperf, perl, python.

OTOH, as said above, some of those might just end up in external/ then (or
already are) ...

Best,

Bjoern