On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 02:37:06PM +0100, Alex Thurgood wrote:
The last one, in particular (seocnd to last comment), provides a
workaround for creating AFM/PFM files on Linux, but note that this
didn't used to be a requirement, before the switch to CUPS printing was
made - previously, Type1 fonts were recognized in OOo "automagically".

The code that requires AFM files for Type1 fonts have been there since
2001 with the introduction of PostSctipt printing in OpenOffice, so I
fail to see how it would have worked differently in the bast.

(I don’t really think we need the info contained in the AFM files,
though, but someone has to trace the code to verify this.)

Regards
Khaled