After a successful autogen with the --enable-dbgutil flag set and a successful
make, I can't seem to get gdb to debug libreoffice.

I've probably done something silly or missed out something obvious as I've
never had problems before in running gdb against Libreoffice.

I've tested gdb against an "Hello World" program and got expected results see
below.

Any suggestions greatfully recevied.

Alex

This is what I get towards the back end of gdb when assigning it to a running
soffice.bin -

Reading symbols from
/home/libreoffice/Downloads/core/instdir/ure/lib/libreflectionlo.so...done.
Loaded symbols for
/home/libreoffice/Downloads/core/instdir/ure/lib/libreflectionlo.so
Reading symbols from
/home/libreoffice/Downloads/core/instdir/program/../program/libfwllo.so...done.

Loaded symbols for
/home/libreoffice/Downloads/core/instdir/program/../program/libfwllo.so

0xb75725b1 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so.0.3600.4-gdb.py",
line 9, in <module>

    from gobject import register

  File "/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py", line 3, in <module>

    import gdb.backtrace

ImportError: No module named backtrace

(gdb) list

1       ../sysdeps/i386/crti.S: No such file or directory.

(gdb)

The "Hello World" results -

552 /home/libreoffice/gdb$ gdb hello

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.6.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-slackware-linux".
Reading symbols from /home/libreoffice/gdb/hello...done.
(gdb) list
1       //C hello world example
2       #include <stdio.h>
3