Hi Eike,

formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src has a one-to-one relation of opcode and function
name.
Can you tell me how to map a function in a saved ODF document to one or another function?
Has to be done as special cases in the compiler, when compiling probably
in FormulaCompiler::Factor(), when creating names from opcodes in
FormulaCompiler::CreateStringFromToken(). The additional UI strings
could be placed in an extra Resource of
formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src to not interfere with the
existing mapping.

I wil start trying.

And if this can be done, can't we do this the other way round as well?
Sure, but we don't want that ;-)
I mean using the function CEILING in the UI and saving it as CEILING or CEILING_ODF depending on
the used arguments and when reading a file converting both CEILING and CEILING_ODF to CEILING in
the UI.
No, saving as another function additionally to CEILING would mean that
all other consumers of the file would not know it.

I'm afraid I don't understand.
AFAICS your proposed change produces CEILING or CEILING_ODF in the file, depending on the number of
arguments used. All other users than version 4.3 and up will not know CEILING_ODF.
My suggestion is identical as far as the file is concerned, only I think one UI function would be
needed (CEILING) as other users than version 4.3 and up will not know CEILING_ODF anyway.

This is what I understand from your proposal:
UI      ->      FILE
CEILING CEILING
CEILING_ODF     CEILING or CEILING_ODF

FILE    ->      UI
CEILING CEILING
CEILING_ODF     CEILING_ODF or unknown

This is my suggestion:
UI      ->      FILE
CEILING CEILING or CEILING_ODF

FILE    ->      UI
CEILING CEILING
CEILING_ODF     CEILING or unknown

Don't be afraid of the wiki ;-)  The first version version of a page
doesn't have to be perfect, we can always edit it, nothing to be scared
of..

I'm not afraid of the wiki, I know my flaws (as you do, by now) and I don't want to burden the
whole world with it ;-)

Anyhow, I'll create a page and initialize it with my previous
brainstorm.

Great. I applicable I will update it when the time comes.

Winfried