On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 13:21 +0200, bjoern wrote:
(arch-independant files) had exploded from 10MB to 26MB. Digging into that, I
found:

 /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/gallery

to have grown from 6MB to 23MB. As a onetime event that is still
bearable, but

        Wow - that is quite some growth :-) for me I have 19Mb of files - the
vast majority of that .sdg files - which are the files containing the
images:

SgaObject* GalleryTheme::ImplReadSgaObject( GalleryObject* pEntry )

        has the pieces there. Comparing vs. extra/source/gallery that contains
17Mb of 'stuff'. I imagine much of the problem comes from the large PNGs
of rather stylized images which would do much better as their original
SVG source (though we don't have that).

        I guess the easiest way to save a few MB there is to rip out the larger
sounds - that's 3Mb of stuff there, and I've ~never seen them used in
anger :-) perhaps leaving just a few of them.

        Luckily with the new gallery infrastructure it's ~trivial to submit a
patch for that see the list in extras/Gallery_sound.mk

        Patches most welcome; though of course - we'd need to check that
existing documents don't hard-code links to these paths [ it seems
likely sadly ] into the gallery.

        Thanks !

                Michael.

--