i there,

        Great to play with the latest work; it seems seeking works reasonably
well, but there are some quite grim lifecycle issues around the place;
also getting parenting right of the X window under X seems intermittent.

        + audio during keyframe capture
                + sadly we have synchronous keyframe fetch, which
                  means starting / loading flying_boy.odp I get a
                  hang during which music plays ;-) before I get the
                  keyframe.

        + intermittent play in a separate window
                + clean re-start / load flying_boy.odp
                  sometimes it pops out.
                + provoke it with:
                        + F9 to present: no video shows / plays
                + after F9 - playing video pops it out to a
                  separate window
        + F9 to present: should render the video ... :-)
                + I see ~nothing - not even a grey box.

        + grey X window with no content obscuring the
          video preview / keyframe.
                + I -guess- that this is an un-rendered X window
                  occluding the preview

        + Deleting a playing video
                + audio carries on playing in the background :-)

        I guess it'd be really good to get some of these fixed; clearly the
priority is Windows here not Linux, but it'd be nice to get this lot
working on Linux too for debugging purposes etc.

        I pushed some debug cleanup pieces to master too.

        Thanks !

                Michael.

--
 michael.meeks@collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot