I remember looking at redlines way back in the dark recesses of time, so I loaded up AndrewMacro.odt

The best I saw there was the ability to enumerate text sections to find "Redline" text portion sections.

If I had to determine if the cursor was currently in a redline section, my first guess at a solution would probably be to go looking for redlines in the text object containing the view cursor and then check the start and end point of each redline to see if it contains the cursor. Feels like a bad solution to me (as in it is probably slow), but it is the best that comes to my mind (assuming I understand your question correctly).