OK, thank you for your support. I will look into this when I have time.
Thanks,
mike

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@suse.cz> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 07, 2013 at 12:33:35PM -0500, James Michael DuPont <
jmdpplks@gmail.com> wrote:
I am feeling stupid here, so please excuse my ignorance, but I did not
find
any api to tell me if the current cursor is in a redline, can you please
point me in the right direction? I just found an api to give me the list
of
redlines and have been checking the cursor to see if it is in one of
them.

As far as I know, that's not directly possible. Here is how I would do
the API for it:

- see

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/ui/uiview/view2.cxx#639
  on how to check if an SwPosition (that's the internal equivalent of a
  position in the document model) is inside a redline using
  SwDoc::GetRedline()

- it's already possible to check if the cursor is e.g. at the end of
  line:

http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/view/XLineCursor.html#isAtEndOfLine

  The implementation of that is in the SwXTextViewCursor class:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/ui/uno/unotxvw.cxx#1649

From that, you could add a new isInRedline() method to the cursor, which
would return exactly what you need.

HTH,