Hi All,

This summer I am working on Android Impress Remote improvements.

Past two weeks progress.
* UI improvements are mostly ready. There are a couple of bugs and problems as well as new look :-)
Some slide show features are not implemented yet but the app looks well and it is usable.
* I restructured the project a bit and removed an external dependency, now the application depends
only on Android SDK libraries and ActionBarSherlock. That basically means the smaller package size
;-)
* I spent a lot of time on debugging, optimizing and putting things together unfortunately — I had
a hope such things would be faster ;-(
* There are some screenshots of the new UI but I don’t know where to put them. Attachments are not
the best idea I suppose. Are there other variants? Or should I just use a wiki page?

Plans for this week.
* Finish the UI part.
* Discuss possible icon improvements at the ux-advise list. Let’s hope not everyone is on vacation
these days :-)
* Discuss protocol-related ideas with Siqi and start deep reading of server-side code. I have some
notes already, just need to prepare a plan of possible changes before breaking things.

Regards,
Artur.