On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 21:35 -0300, Olivier Hallot wrote:
Hi Caolán

I am trying to convert the paragraph drop caps tab page into the new
widgets UI, but I found a code layout that does not fit into the usual
scheme.

In other situations, the custom widget is defined in another file and
they go to the dll. But here the picture SwDropCapsPict belongs to the
same file and I don't know how to connect to the widget.

-------------------%<----------------------------
SwDropCapsPage::SwDropCapsPage(Window *pParent, const SfxItemSet &rSet) :

    SfxTabPage(pParent,
"DropCapPage","modules/swriter/ui/dropcappage.ui", rSet),

    //pPict         (new SwDropCapsPict(this, SW_RES(CNT_PICT))),
    bModified(sal_False),
    bFormat(sal_True),
    rSh(::GetActiveView()->GetWrtShell())
{
    get(m_pDropCapsBox,"checkCB_SWITCH");

one thing you can do is something like....

{
   get(m_pDropCapsBox,"checkCB_SWITCH");
   pPict = new SwDropCapsPict(get<VclContainer>("parent_in_ui"),
WB_BORDER)
}

if container is a grid then use pPict->set_grid_top/left_attach to put
it into the right place

Either way you'll probably have to adapt SwDropCapsPict to have a
GetOptimalSize to return something sensible, e.g.
LogicToPixel(size_in_old_src, MapMode(MAP_APPFONT));

C.