Hi Michael,

Em 06/04/2013 05:41 AM, Michael Meeks escreveu:
Hi Marcos,

On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 19:20 -0300, Marcos Souza wrote:
Some after looking at all Math bugs, I saw something interesting:
        :-)

About 30 % of bugs are about Symbols. Someone asking to put new symbols,
another guys asking about a "Symbol manager" to add new symbols by UI
and more.
        Sounds interesting.

So, I saw this commit of Olivier:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=15f5d766837329baa8deff31e9da33cef87f7a98
adding new symbols...
So, this is a "little unfriendly" way to add new symbols :)
        Heh - well, the commit looks horrible, but the .sfd file is edited by a
GUI tool 'fontforge', which makes it not so hard (I hope) to edit them.
But really the commit that added the game-theory symbols is:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=cfc84011b3fb609ac78f35666d9aecda4ca34678

        Which as you can see is worse ;-) there are code changes needed.
Thanks, now I saw the fontforge and how it works :)

My questions are: How can we manage this, there is another way to add
new symbols? This OpenSymbol is still necessary? Can we change this to
another fonts, like XTIS or another?
        Interesting questions; ideally we would add the symbols to OpenSymbol -
and distribute that everywhere so that we know that people have them (I
guess), presumably with mappings - in the horrible VCL mapping table to
turn them into Microsoft symbols in their distributed fonts on
import/export [ if there are equivalents ]:

        unotools/source/misc/fontcvt.cxx

        Has those tables.

        Either way - if you'd like to get stuck into adding math symbols, I
imagine the best thing (for now) is to follow Olivier's lead, and (if MS
font equivalents exist) add the entries to 'fontcvt.cxx' to ensure that
if we export to / import from MS formats on Windows that we get the
right mappings.

        Does that make sense ?

        HTH,

                Michael.
Yeah makes sense! But, there is another way to not make our homebrew fonts? It seems to be needed a lot of work just to add a new unicode symbol...