On 24/05/13 12:43, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Wednesday 15 of May 2013, Michael Stahl wrote:

    But only OOoXML and (perhaps) HTML (not sure) want "true" as the
    default.

+            mpImpl->mbIsOOoXML =
+                ::comphelper::OStorageHelper::GetXStorageFormat(xStor)
+                   < SOFFICE_FILEFORMAT_8;

 Was the old OOo format really called OOoXML? Seeing this commit made me
pretty confused until I figured out after a while that it has in fact nothing
to do with OOXML.

the actual name "OpenOffice.org XML format" is a bit long to type...

quoth xmloff/README:

There is another library "xof" built from the source/transform directory,
which is the filter for the OpenOffice.org XML format.  This legacy format
is a predecessor of ODF and was the default in OpenOffice.org 1.x versions,
which did not support ODF.  This filter works as a SAX transformation
from/to ODF, i.e., when importing a document the transform library reads
the SAX events from the file and generates SAX events that are then
consumed by the ODF import filter.

http://www.openoffice.org/xml/general.html
http://www.openoffice.org/xml/xml_specification.pdf

well... guess why Microsoft called theirs "Office Open XML"?  i always
thought that name was chosen to maximize amount of generated confusion...