On 04/19/2013 05:20 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 04/18/2013 07:07 PM, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
Initially I thought that LO would not execute any code from the
extension on the installation step. I guess that it can call some
post-installation method for setting up (I've seen it in some other
extensions).

That depends on whether any UNO components contained in the extension
use the old, active form of registration (which is the case here) or the
new, passive form.

If someone wants to try to install the extension: it's here:
http://pinux.info/files/Mendeley-1.8.4.oxt
Fails here on Mac, but maybe someone wants to give a try.

Hm, works fine to unopkg add that at least with my current Mac OS X
master build.

...but it indeed fails with <http://www.libreoffice.org/DownloadRedirect.php?target=http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/4.0.2/mac/x86/LibreOffice_4.0.2_MacOS_x86.dmg>.

What I noticed is that the python executable contained there is broken, having a bogus reference to /usr/local/libodep/lib/lintl.8.dylib (see "otool -L LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/LibreOfficePython.framework/Version/3.3/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/LibreOfficePython" output, and "LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/python" crashes on a machine that is not infected with that /usr/local/libodep stuff). Same for <http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/testing/4.0.3/mac/x86/LibreOffice_4.0.3.1_MacOS_x86.dmg>. Informed Norbert about it, who does those builds.

That might be related to your problem.

Stephan