On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen <
bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 08:18:17PM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
We select 10-15 possible enhancements that can be completed in a
reasonably short period of time (within a minor release). We blog
about this (I can do this) with a simple poll. We then announce this
to the user list and make some PR announcement about "we are
listening to what you think!". Allowing this would limit the list to
enhancements that we agree can be done in a short period but open up
"which enhancement" to the wider community.

My thought is we attempt this for our next release in 4.1

Thoughts?

Nope, at least not with PR or "we are listening to what you think!" up
front.
It needs to be the other way around: If you find a set of enhancements that
seem to be valueable to users, the primary goals needs to be to sell those
ideas to developers. Before a developer is commited to a task, there
should not
be any PR about it. And if its a volunteer, there should not be any PR
about it
before the task is _finished_. Everything else will end in tears.

Best,

Bjoern