On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Akash Shetye <shetyeakash@gmail.com>
wrote:

Petr thank you for your suggestions, I happened to overlook the "Ctrl-click
to open hyperlink" prefix string to the tooltips in excitement oh having a
patch :P. Now that I have taken a look at sc/ code, I find that the prefixed
string is not hardcoded into the sw/ code. Also how sc/ and sw/ handle
hyperlinks is very differently. I tried probing into the vcl part about
fixedhyperlink.cxx to trace things back up from there but things aren't
working well. Just knowing which part of code is doing the tooltip content
setting in sc/ will be cool enough. Thanks for cc'ing the experts.

Yup, it needs some search. I am not much familiar with this code as
well. so, I suggest to compare the working code Writer with the code in
Calc.

In writer, it starts at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/ui/utlui/initui.src#n137
where the English string "STR_HYPERLINK_CLICK" is defined "%s-click to
open hyperlink".

Then you might see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/ui/utlui/initui.hrc#n51
, where we define some integer ID for the string STR_HYPERLINK_CLICK

The localized string is loaded at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/ui/utlui/initui.cxx#n157
and the "%s" is replaced by a real key code at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/ui/utlui/initui.cxx#n170

The string (variable aHyperlinkClick) is later used at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/ui/docvw/edtwin2.cxx#n220
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/sw/source/ui/docvw/SidebarTxtControl.cxx#n247

I think that edtwin2.cxx#n220 is the location that is responsible for
showing the tooltip when you hover over the hyperlink in Writer editor.
I think that SidebarTxtControl.cxx#n247 is just another place where you
could see similar tooltip but I am not sure where it is.

And now the fun is to find the related code in Calc. My guess is that it
might be somewhere around sc/source/ui/view. In each case, it should be
under sc/source/ui.

When I go back to sw/source/ui/docvw/edtwin2.cxx, the variable
"aHyperlinkClick" is assigned to "sTxt" which is later passed to
Help::ShowQuickHelp, so I would search for "ShowQuickHelp" and
"hyperlink" under sc/source/ui and try to fix where the hyperlink is
assigned to the tooltip string.

If you find this place, you need to:

    + define the string "%s-click to open hyperlink" in some
      Calc-specific .src file
    + define the related ID in the .hrc file
    + load the string as it was done in
      sw/source/ui/utlui/initui.cxx#n157
    + substiture the %s by the real key code
    + and finally add the string to the tooltip string if the
      SvtSecurityOptions::E_CTRLCLICK_HYPERLINK option is set

I hope that the above makes sense and could help you.

Feel free to ask if you get lost. I am sure that Kohei or another Calc
expert could give you even more precise hints.

Best Regards,
Petr