On Mon Mar 4 Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

So I had a quick look at the above perl-foo and a grep on ARCHIVE in scp2 -- it
seems this is mostly done for external stuff like dictionaries etc. -- where we
do not have insight into what those builds do. And we also do not _want_ to
have insight into that.

Sure? I do want to see what those builds do ... because if they are doing boolshit,
let's change that ;-)

So let's pick up this ARCHIVE from file_python.scp and check what's going on there
(i ommited non important pieces):

File gid_File_Py_Python_Core
  #ifdef MACOSX
    Name = "LibreOfficePython.framework.zip";
  #else
    Name = STRING(CONCAT3(python-core-,PYVERSION,.zip));
  #endif
End

It seems that LibreOfficePython.framework.zip is packaged in
python3/CustomTarget_PythonFramework.mk
while python-core-PYVERSION.zip is packaged in
pyuno/CustomTarget_zipcore.mk

(Why it can't be done in the same place anyway? Easy hack candidate?)
If you check how it is packaged, it is different, though.

Still I bet there are lots of ways this can be improved:
- build less l10n on the tinderbox
not related in this case

- dont use compressed zip, but something like an uncompressed tar archive
would be an option, well at least temporarily, would need some tweaks on installer...

- put a reference to the directory in $WORKDIR in scp2 instead of the tarring the
 external product
hardly doable (well at least in that case): different locations, logic.

i wonder why you didn't mention another way to address it: kill scp2 and installer all together,
and do the installation during the build process (and don't do zip/unzip nonsense)
I guess this POC is a first step in this direction:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/2298/ :
proof of concept: kill scp2 and solenv/bin/modules (WiP)

(I checked it: DESTDIR is somehow missing?)

May be we should try to migrate module for module from scp2 to "installation during the
build-process",
just like we did gbuildification?

David