On 02/26/2013 03:49 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
it appears for mysqlc just a -DRTL_DISABLE_FAST_STRING is enough to get
something that should run already on 3.6 too:

master > readelf --version-info /work/lo/master/solver/unxlngx6/lib/mysqlc.uno.so  | grep LIBO_UDK
   01c:   a (LIBO_UDK_3.6)   4 (UDK_3_0_0)     2 (UDK_3_0_0)     4 (UDK_3_0_0)
   0x0050:   Name: LIBO_UDK_3.6  Flags: none  Version: 10

committed in 34faec549ef33f77c4f866a4094d9fcf447025ee

But if we build module mysqlc during a LO build, it is due to --enable-ext-mysql-connector, to include the resulting mysql-connector-ooo.oxt as a bundled extension (witness scp2/source/extensions/file_extensions.scp). In which case there is no need for the mysql-connector-ooo.oxt to be backwards compatible. So I think we should either (a) revert the above commit, (b) make it conditional on some new --enable-unbundled-ext-mysql-connector, (c) replace --enable-ext-mysql-connector with --enable-unbundled-ext-mysql-connector (and adapt scp2 accordingly), or (d) shrug shoulders and let a bundled mysql-connector-ooo.oxt be needlessly de-optimized (but augment the above commit with some comment).

there seems to be another C++ extension "Presentation Minimizer" but for
that one it didn't help, it still needs LIBO_UDK_4.1 (but i think we
bundle this "extension" so probably not much need to fix that).

Indeed.

Stephan