"Joel" == Joel Madero <jmadero.dev@gmail.com> writes:

Joel> I've finally gotten comfortable with gdb as far as break points and
Joel> what not. What I want to know is if there is a way for me to see all
Joel> symbols called during a given run of soffice. Getting a log that shows
Joel> every symbol called would allow me to compare to runs of libreoffice,
Joel> one where I push "Ok" the other where I push "Cancel".

It isn't really possible with gdb.

I'd like it to be -- I wish "rbreak *" would DTRT -- but unfortunately
some parts of gdb aren't as scalable as I'd like, and nobody has yet put
the work into fixing them.

I've personally never actually wanted to do this, but if I were going to
tackle it I would either look at using ltrace, systemtap, or writing a
valgrind skin (perhaps one exists already, I don't know).

Tom