On 2013-01-10 20:03, Lubos Lunak wrote:
That is not what I meant. What I wrote in my previous mail is that if these valueOf() issues are to be fixed, it's better to fix it completely rather than just slightly reduce the problem. And for that it would be better to remove the original valueOf() completely, and that results in all the follow-up issues that I raised.
Ah, I see.

So you're saying that you'd rather we remove the original valueOf() altogether. That seems like it would have some backwards compatibility issues, but I suppose we could mark them as deprecated for a time before actually removing them.

In that case, let's deal with your issues one at a time: