On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 22:55 -0800, Steven Howe wrote:
Navigator. Sections.
The section highlighted is may not be the section my cursor is in.
Logic requires the Navigator follow where I am.
Perhaps the highlighted section in the Navigator should also be the
section I am editing?

        The code for the navigator is here:

        sw/source/ui/utlui/navipi.cxx

        IIRC :-) I believe some of it is shared with sfx2 or similar.

        It seems that the navigation generally navigates the document rather
than moving the cursor around; so perhaps worth checking this out with
the ux-advise list before getting too far I suspect (?)

        As for following the cursor position; a quick poke (and I'm no writer
expert) suggests that:

        sw/source/core/crsr/crsrsh.cxx

        is prolly your friend; if you grok for
InvalidateAccessibleCursorPosition - it seems that a11y at least gets a
cleanish notification of changes there - although apparently everything
else got jammed into one big method there ;-) I guess you'd want some
sort of notification from there to the navigation dialog.

        Hope that helps !

        All the best,

                Michael.