Hi Steve,

        You mentioned you wanted code pointers for this lot (hopefully
C++ is not -so- different from C ;-) so:

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 10:55 -0800, Steven Howe wrote:
1) Insert->Section.
When there is more then one section, they are listed in the order
created, not linear order with respect to the document.
Although in the Navigator view, the sections are ordered linearly.
This should look the same I think; preferably linearly.

        So to find this shouldn't be so hard; grab a uniqueish looking string
in the dialog for example 'New section' and git grep for it:

git --no-pager grep -5 'New section'
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    FixedLine FL_NAME
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    {
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-        OutputSize = TRUE ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-        Pos = MAP_APPFONT ( 6 , 3 ) ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-        Size = MAP_APPFONT ( 78 , 8 ) ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src:        Text [ en-US ] = "New section" ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    };
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    ComboBox ED_RNAME

        So - almost certainly - the code for this dialog is nearby in:

        sw/source/ui/dialog/uiregionsw.cxx

        :-) as you can find by git grepping for some of these TP_INSERT_SECTION
type stuff. I'd poke around in there to see how the list widgets are
populated.

2) When you are inserting a new section, the naming box has 'Section1'
in  it. Although I know, if I just accept at that point the name
'Section1' will persist, who does that?
Like in Nautilus or any desktop viewing program, a new folder or new
document, the name is highlighted so it can be replace easily; typed
over. Of course if you don't replace the 'untitled folder', that's the
name you get.

        Ok - so that is a matter of doing the insertion earlier (I guess) and
fiddling with the list view widget - presumably a widget from vcl (poke
vcl/inc/vcl/ for it's implementation).

The  point is, I think 'Section1' should be highlighted so it can be
typed over. This should be the expected behavior.

        So - have a poke in there; I'm happy to help with any questions :-)
almost everything in LibreOffice is in need of polish - thanks for
helping with that !

        All the best,

                Michael.