Hi all,
I've been lately struggling with crash in conversion from Traditional to Simplified Chinese in Writer. After some debugging, I tracked the problem to access to released memory, but I don't know ho to proceed to solve the issue since it involves a deeper knowledge than I have about Writer internal structure.
I really would appreciate if anybody could give me any hint on this.
Here are the details:
The conversion is handled by editeng::HangulHanjaConversion class, which is used as a base class for SwHHCWrapper (and is also derived in a parallel manner also in editeng itself). Without digging into details (the flow is quite convoluted), the problem arises in SwTxtNode::Convert (sw/source/core/txtnode/txtedt.cxx) as follow: * line 1074: instantiate a SwLanguageIterator object, which builds a list of pointers to non-copiable SwTxtAttr; * line 1111: call SetLanguageAndFont, which destroys the original SwTxtAttr items which the iterator still points to;
* line 1117: access the now deleted iterator items.

From my limited understanding, the issue is triggered by the presence of non-chinese text intermixed with chinese one (but I could be wrong), in this case the text was a numbered title like:

   1. <some chinese characters>

where the "1. " should activate the call to SetLanguageAndFont.

I'm also asking permission to share the document which trigger the crash (or a minimal one with the same characteristics) in case anybody would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers
Matteo