Hi Caolan,

        Thanks so much for nailing that :-)

On Fri, 2012-12-14 at 15:18 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
We've worked around this with a "toggle this option if it doesn't work
for you for some reason" (where for some reason is apparently likely to
be: drivers were developed against version X of poppler or ghostscript
which had bug Y which when fixed made those drivers not work correctly)

In conversion with twaugh I wondered if there was any way that in
LibreOffice I could detect that a given user's print system is going to
be deficient. He suggested the possibility of a hack, which I'm not
implementing personally, but I thought I should pass on for
completeness..

        We already get and parse the PPD files from CUPS as plain-text files;
so this should be reasonably trivial to do - but yes, what hideous
ugliness to have to maintain a list / heuristic for broken CUPS printers
in LibreOffice ;-) even if it is easy - presumably better to fix CUPS.

        ATB,

                Michael.