Matus,

Le Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:32:51 +0100, Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan@gmail.com> a écrit:
You could have.. I just wanted to let people know here what I am
working on to be sure nobody will be strongly against (maybe it was
pointless)

The more the better :-)

- Add a block to test for the need of the tarball in configure.ac
if test "$need_foobar" = "yes"; then
    BUILD_TYPE="$BUILD_TYPE FOOBAR"
fi

Not really.
We use BUILD_TYPE to determine which modules to build (although this
information is often redundant with SYSTEM_FOO)

Ah. yes, but without setting the BUILDTYPE with a pattern that matches the tar name, how do you trigger the download ?

But their names now must be defined in download.lst.
For mozilla stuff I've used MOZ, for libxmlsec you could use DESKTOP
but it will be needed for build platform anyway (and downloaded)

Sure but you did not set BUILD_TYPE next to PREBUILD_MOZAB="YES", so they won't be downloaded, IMO (somewhat related to my previous question, btw)

Improvement:
Since you check for wget or curl in configure, I would set one variable

This would make configure more complicated, I did not want to do that.
IMHO configure is just for very basic stuff and exporting variable
name for command sounds fine I think.

Moreover, I missed that the commandlines are completely different and the gain is lost here.

FETCHTAR that will be used in fetch_Download_get_command instead of having
if'ed define (BTW, why 2 underscores in function name ?)

2 underscored are just a habit from gbuild.
We use <namespace>_<class>_<'public'-method> or
<namespace>_<class>__<'private'-method> defines in gbuild.

TY !
Nice to write somewhere for the next generation :)

Example gb_UnoApiTarget_add_idlfile vs. gb_UnoApiTarget__add_idlfile
in solenv/gbuild/UnoApiTarget.mk

Thanks for your careful review, it's really cool.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

--
Mat M