Hello Matus,

I plannned to answer in the issue, but I saw your comment about the ML,so...

Le Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:19:52 +0100, Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan@gmail.com> a écrit:
Hi,

I've made some changes around 'make fetch', ./download, ./ooo.lst in
feature/download.
Files are downloaded by makefile now and it is supposed to work better.
There are still few issues though and I am not sure whether to work on
them or it's going to be thrown away because it's ugly.
So, any feedback appreciated.

So now, with your current implementation:
For one tarball foobar-1.1.4.tar.gz we do:
- Specify FOOBAR_TARBALL := "48d647fbd8ef8889e5a7f422c1bfda94-foobar-1.1.4.tar.gz" in download.lst - Specify $(call fetch_Optional,FOOBAR,$(FOOBAR_TARBALL)) \ to depending url call in Makefile.fetch
- Add a block to test for the need of the tarball in configure.ac
if test "$need_foobar" = "yes"; then
    BUILD_TYPE="$BUILD_TYPE FOOBAR"
fi

What i like:
- all tarball names / id are consolidated in one place
- no more machinery in .lst file
- less variables in config_host

What i do not like:
- "too much" machinery in makefile.fetch : You moved in commit f9557d7f82648febe40067fa69e96525d938c16b [1] two conditionals from configure.ac into it (mozab & libxmlsec). They should go back and TARBALL variables replaced with BUILD_TYPE, IMO. If we put some logic in make fetch we are doomed to forget/ not know it and kept trapped into why-it-does-not-download-although-my-configure-is-ok.

Improvement:
Since you check for wget or curl in configure, I would set one variable FETCHTAR that will be used in fetch_Download_get_command instead of having if'ed define (BTW, why 2 underscores in function name ?)

Alternative: if someone insists on separating md5 from filename to be able to use default tars, I propose to have a fetch folder with the list of md5 files like : foobar-1.1.4.tar.gz.md5 containing 48d647fbd8ef8889e5a7f422c1bfda94 I prefer having md5 under git, because if md5 is corrupt by the download, you cannot check your tar download.

[1] : http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/diff/configure.ac?id=f9557d7f82648febe40067fa69e96525d938c16b

HTH
Best,
--