On 11/16/2012 02:18 PM, Bernhard Schiffner wrote:

What about this:
While it seems very "bloated" to  carry all rich text formating _inside_
formula cells, it might be possible to create an overlay using advanced
formating _outside_.
Think of this as having a separate spreadsheet (linked 1:1 to the generating
spreadsheet) with the "only" property to add formating to the pointed results.
(Export as text -> reformat)

Do you see a chance to solve the problem this way?

Sure. But this would require a re-design of a non-trivial part of the Calc core. Basically we would have to remove use of EditEngine and its friend and re-implement Calc's own rich-text handling framework.

The question is, is this all worth the benefit? I personally think it's too risky just for a marginal gain, and goes back to what I'd said earlier:

>>> Of course, it is *possible* to support rich text properties in text
>>> that's a formula result, but that would require intimate knowledge of
>>> the inner working of Calc's cell text handling, and would probably
>>> requires a lot of code changes.

It all comes down to risk/effort vs benefit.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc