On 05/11/12 13:08, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 10:33:56AM +0000, Noel Power wrote:
I found some unreviewed patches of mine and also a patch ( some
commits in the past ) in master that I just wanted to promote for
review in 3.6, it seems that easiest way was to use the mail
interface to ask for a cherry-pick ( or at least I didn't see
anything else appropriate on the wiki ) Is that right, is there no
command line interface to do similar? is there a better way to do
that?
You can do the same with plain git:
git checkout libreoffice-3-6
git cherry-pick foo
git push ssh://logerrit/core HEAD:refs/for/libreoffice-3-6
ok, will try that the next time
Is this the expected way that things work? or did I just make a mess
of things ( if so would be grateful to know what I should have done
for future reference )
2012-11-01 16:18:38,404 WARNING  To ssh://logerrit/core
2012-11-01 16:18:38,404 WARNING   ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/libreoffice-3-6 (no changes
made)
2012-11-01 16:18:38,404 WARNING  error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://logerrit/core'
2012-11-01 16:18:38,405 ERROR    call to "git --work-tree=/tmp/tmpHZMY4L/repo push ssh://logerrit/core
HEAD:refs/for/libreoffice-3-6" returned: 1
It seems to me the cherry-picked change was already on the branch, thus no
commit generated by cherry-picking, thus nothing to upload.
then something funny is going on, the patch certainly did not exist on the branch and like I said I got messages indicating the upload was successful in the middle of those failure messages ( is it possible there is some sort of retry scenario that isn't working quite right )

Noel