On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:57:48AM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Saturday 13 of October 2012, oger000 wrote:
Preface: I am a novice in many things.

To get familiar with the stringclasses I chose the "rtl namespace prefix
removal" because I have seen some patches of this kind on the mailinglist.

My questions:

1) I did not find background info - at least not at
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/String_Classes> why the
removing of the "rtl::" namespace prefix is preferable.

Any pointers? - or is it more a cosmetic cleanup?

 Yes, it is more of a cosmetic cleanup - the classes are already in practice
namespaced by the O prefix and so not explicitly adding the rtl:: prefix is
avoiding the nuisance of the extra writing and also, since these are very
commonly uses classes, makes the code more readable.

Well, I do not agree with this, but I do not really care, except one
thing: could we at least change _all_ public headers at once, please?
Recompilation of half of the project because of a meaningless change in
some module's headers is a bother.

D.