 Hello,

 at the conference we had a discussion about
the --enable-symbols/debug/dbgutil DEBUG/debug options and some confusion
these occassionally cause. As a result, I've committed some patches that
clean up and change them in the following way:

 The intended behavior now, in short:
- --enable-dbgutil is the recommended developer default, and it
is --enable-debug plus BIC stuff
- --enable-debug is -g, no optimizations, assertions and logging enabled
(old-style OSL/RTL/whatever logging may still require dbgutil though, I'm not
sure how that stuff works and it should ideally be converted to
SAL_INFO/SAL_WARN)
- --enable-selective-debuginfo is for selective -g and
requires --enable-debug/dbgutil (i.e. it only saves disk space and I/O
throughput by removing -g for some modules)
- make DEBUG=true still works like temporary --enable-debug (and even
overrides --enable-selective-debuginfo)
- --enable-symbols has been removed, set CXXFLAGS if needed
- C/CXX/LDFLAGS passed to configure, if present, is now remembered and used to
override any debug/optimizations flags that would be used otherwise

 See the commit log message for full details:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a0320a908875f42bab9983ffe4db5b49fe7ba2f6

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz