On 05/10/12 18:22, Lubos Lunak wrote:

 Hello,

 attached is my implementation of basic build support for using Clang compiler
plugin during building LO. I'm posting it here first in case our build system
people have different ideas to how I have integrated it in the build system,
if there are no comments, I will push it.

hmm... so that effectively needs to be built as a "bootstrap" step and
the build system basically assumes that it's been done already.  which
seems appropriate since probably ~everything would need to have a
dependency on it otherwise.

the stuff used for bootstrap seems to live in the top-level directory
and solenv/ (and dmake/) currently... but i don't really have an opinion
on how that should look...

only problem is that this seems to generate files below the new
compilerplugins/ dir, in the source tree...  which doesn't make it any
worse than other parts of the bootstrapping.

+$(CLANGOUTDIR)/compileplugin.so: $(2)
+$(CLANGOUTDIR)/compileplugin.so: CLANGOBJS += $(2)
+
+$(CLANGOUTDIR)/compileplugin.so: $(CLANGOBJS)

there's a bit of redundancy there.
hmm actually the .so only has .o dependecies so could just use $^ in the
command.

+$(CLANGOUTDIR):
+     mkdir -p $(CLANGOUTDIR)

i vaguely remember problems with directories in make 3.81 but that was
probably with pattern rules... ah right in a trivial test this seems to
work with 3.81.