On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 4:30 AM,  <d.ostrovsky@idaia.de> wrote:
as already discussed on IRC is review -1/-2 completely wrong here
(well from my point of view!).
Actualy gerrit is missing that WORK IN PROGRESS (WIP) feature.

Fine, when gerrit acquire that feature we will revisit that.

With WIP you want visibility, (possibly) earlier feedback and even tinderbox
checks.

No. If it is ready for tinderbox check then it is ready for submission.
If it is truly a work in progress that should not be merged, then
there is no reason to waste tinbuild time on it yet.

In fact if you think gerit is lack some feature, then first thing to check
is
what the gerrit's power users did - openstack project:

open stack guys patched gerrit and added WIP feature to it!
We should probably just pick their gerrit version:

Absolutely no.

Gerrit is a critical _tool_ that we _use_ in _production_

Stability trump eye-candy and convenience features here.

I am strongly opposed to deploy anything but upstream-blessed stable
version.... and even, by prudence, the admin team will probably wait
3-4 weeks after a new upstream release before deploying it.

Norbert