Hi there,

On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 06:35 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
Nobody interested to test and answer?

        Sigh - people are busy; in particular Markus - whose baby this is has
just put in a great chunk of bug-fixing work for 3.6.2 / 3.6.3 to
improve lots of conditional formatting corner-cases.

        I expect that high-priority bug work chews time he could spend on
discussing changes to features.

Well, it is clear that QA peoples are not welcome in this area of the
code. :-(

        Please don't feel unwelcome if you don't get a quick response. It is
-far- easier to ask questions and find problems than it is to consider
and fix them; and some problems are more urgent than others.

The problem has been described in fdo#54774, fdo#54940, and on QA and
UX-advise mailing-list. We had very few answers and only one developer
(Markus) point of view. So I decided to ask on developers ML as it is a
developer problem.

        So - Markus is the authority there, since he's the one doing the
hacking :-) last I checked he implemented it based on advice from the
UX-advise list [ if it is a UI issue, please follow up only on that list
instead of cross-posting ].

This Manage dialog is very important as it gives a summary of all CF
defined in the current sheet. It is a long waited function for all
peoples who are using CF in their spreadsheets. So a big thank you to
Markus for that.

        Agreed, it's some great work.

If nothing is possible, I think the better thing to do is to remove the
button Edit from the Manage dialog.

        So - I imagine the discussion is just slow going; I havn't followed it
in detail, perhaps there is some UX input needed, please be patient :-)

        All the best,

                Michael.