On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal@gmail.com> wrote:

So for now I have no clue how to fix it and I would really welcome any
help for it because this could rate as most annoying bug for Gentoo as
1/3rd of users are hit by this stuff... I have it reproducing machine
at work so anyone from us SUSErs can give me help without much
problems.

could it be related to the fairly long path prefix:
/usr/portage/distfiles/portage/portage/app-office/libreoffice-3.6.0.4/work/libreoffice-core-3.6.0.4/

is it possible to hack emerge to test with a shortened path to see if
that change something ?

Norbert