I tend

Jan Holesovsky píše v Pá 10. 08. 2012 v 17:22 +0200:
I've pushed a change to master that (I hope) improves the situation:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=03dbe1a97c0050365ac3820575134bace0908e2b

[for cherry-picking purposes, probably easier to check the
non-whitespace changes version:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=03dbe1a97c0050365ac3820575134bace0908e2b&ignorews=1
]

With this patch, it looks like this:

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/vertical-toolbars-1.png

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/vertical-toolbars-2.png

Please let me know what do you prefer from the UX point of view:

1) status quo - 3.6 vertical / floating toolbars use the 'native'
   theming (inconsistent with the new 3.6 look)
2) half-way solution - my screenshots above; more consistent look, but
   no line splitting the vertical toolbars from the workspace
3) complete solution - will take some larger reviewing, as this touches
   look on all platforms; I'll see if I can find a brave reviewer :-)

Would be good to have a decision until the Monday's 3.6.1 RC1 freeze, so
that if we put it in, we are able to revert that in RC2, should it cause
trouble.

I tend to push it for rc1. It will be easier to revert to the old code
for rc2 than to push new code for rc2 :-)

You have last chance to stop me ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr