Hi Astron,

On 2012-06-28 at 09:13 +0200, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:

  His eyes involuntarily seek the boundaries between objects: a page, the
working area or a ruler.
  If the objects are:
  a) a very bright or dark;
  b) have almost the same color and have no boundary lines;
  c) have too much color contrast
  lens of the muscles are working constantly. So my eyes tire quickly.
Therefore, all the Office Suites have The Windows that have color schemes
are very similar.

Tbh, I am not exactly sure what to take from this description ... I
don't find it eye-straining to work with LibO 3.6. (Then again, for
most actual productivity tasks I use Linux – where I am using the
similarly light Clearlooks theme, though.)

However, I agree that the document background is now a little light –
even the colour "Gray 10%" is darker now than the default window
background on Vista/7.

No problem there - just give me the RGB values we should use, and I'll
put it there :-)

What bugs me much more than the default being a bit light though is
that the ruler background as well as the Start Center background
colour will stay the same no matter what application background colour
is chosen. IMHO these colours should be the same as the normal window
background, IMHO.

This might be harder - the handling of the color settings is much more
complex than it should be, so not sure if I manage to do it in time for
Beta3, and I am off for vacation after that; let's see.

All the best,
Kendy