ld: warning: ignoring file /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib, file was built
for unsupported file forma
ld: warning: ignoring file /opt/local/lib/libz.dylib, file was built for
unsupported file format
ld: in /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib, file was built for unsupported
file format

Hmm, what is this /opt/local/lib? In general the LO build for MacOSX
will break if it tries to use some existing add-on builds of common
3rd-party libraries, like MacPorts etc. At least that is what
everybody says, I don't have personal experience as I don't have
MacPorts... Try to make sure this /opt/local stuff is not found when
building LibreOffice, removing /opt/local/bin from PATH (if you have
it there) probably helps.

--tml

Thanks for pointing out and the hints.
Removing /opt/local/bin from PATH does not work for me.
I turn out to reinstall the lib as universal binary via MacPort as others
suggest to similar issue.
E.g.: sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants libiconv +universal

I probably should override the linker path to prevent the build to link
against the MacPort version of libs?
Anyway, it's on the track now. :P

James