Hi Bjoern,

On 02.08.2012 23:21, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
  http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GitReview

so:

- what are the experiences?
- should we recommend it in general?
I am really happy with git review. It has killer features that i don't want to miss anymore,
in fact they saved my life (and some other guys too ,-)
To name the few:

1. called with git review -s (once)  it does all the setup for your.
It even checks if you have commit-msg hook in place and download and install one, if you don't! 2. it checks if your commit has Change-Id and ammend to recrate it, in case you commited before installing commit-msg hook. 3. it has --dry-run option and shows you what it would do without actually doing anything (like git push command) 4. and last but not least it really save your life by checking how much commits your are going to upload and warn and ask for confirmation if the count is > 1.

[...]
I would suggest, if possible, to dump a copy that can work standalone
into the core repo root. Even if it might be outdated compared to openstack its
likely better in the long run than ./logerrit for submittal. But IMHO
git-review MUST work out of the box then -- without any setup.
No! You don't dump a copy of git, bash and binutils, don't you?
Like described in link above, you have three options here:
pypi-system-wide, pypi-user-local and distro package.
No other options please.

[...]
(*) plus patching to provide something like "./logerrit resubmit"
i just uploaded the git-review patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11046/
So the simultaneous submissions to release branch and direct push to
master should be possible now (once openstack guys apporved my change).
And hej, my patch in git-review was shorter then your in logerrit ;-)

Regards
David