Hi Ivan,

Terribly sorry for the belated answer.

On 2012-08-02 at 18:15 +0400, Ivan Timofeev wrote:

So can I use your sign-off for reverting
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=4866b20ec6205b04cd21077fd00d68c4d4bb2c1b

on the libreoffice-3-6 branch?

Yes, if Astron says it should go, you have my sign-off too :-) - I am
not personally attached to that code.  It was an attempt to fix the
behavior when the button appears under the mouse just at the very moment
you try to click the slide to select that that annoyed some people too.

As a makeshift fix, would it be possible to make the overlay appear
half/a quarter of a second later?

Sure, the corresponding constant is Theme_ButtonFadeInDelay in
sd/source/ui/slidesorter/inc/view/SlsTheme.hxx
Feel free to push patches. :)

Maybe a short-term solution would be not to increase the the timer, but
actually decrease it?  Ie. let the buttons appear immediately when you
enter the slide in the slidesorter?  That would let the user to position
the mouse carefully to avoid clicking what she does not want to click.

All the best,
Kendy