Hello,

Il 20/07/2012 07:26, Jerry Tan ha scritto:
Hi,

The company that I work for use LibreOffice as the main word processor. We convert a lot of client
letters from doc/docx to open document format.
We are on Mac OS X Lion (10.7) btw.
We use: soffice --headless --convert-to odt ….  to do the batch conversion.

The problems with this are:
- It takes quite a long time to start up. It becomes a problem when we have to convert many
documents.

You can try to look at using UNO wrappers like unoconv so you can keep your libo instance running all the time to avoid startup time costs:

https://github.com/dagwieers/unoconv

There's a long thread in this issue regarding unoconv on MacOS X
https://github.com/dagwieers/unoconv/issues/27

hth,
riccardo