On 07/17/2012 05:11 AM, Lubos Lunak wrote:
  So, as long as we require to build LO with MSVC, we can revisit the question
of hard-depending on C++11 in, uhm, let's be optimistic and say 3 years. IOW,
we can probably get there faster by ditching backwards ABI compatibility with
LO4 and switching to a different compiler for Windows.

What I'm curious is how the binaries generated from different compilers compare on Windows. If their performances are more or less comparable, then I could care less whether we stick with MSVC or gcc (or clang if it's available on Windows). But if MSVC still produces more optimized binaries, then I would be reluctant to support switching to a different compiler (though my voice is only one head count, easily overruled by the majority votes when it comes down to it).

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc