Hi Gerry,

2012/7/15 Gerry T. <gerry.treppel@googlemail.com>:
Dear Philipp,

[...] Thank you for your work so far! Pretty impressive! Might also help
the marketing guys a lot for their next big advertisement campain (LO4?).
Coming from academia, most of the texts are too long for me to read ;-)
Would it be possible to make a TL;DR version? Maybe a table with LO on the
left and MSO on the right and green background for a column where A
outperforms B? Next weekend I have some spare time again and could help with
that/ provide a draft if you like. Philipp

This is a very good idea. Not many people read lengthy bullet point lists.
My graphical skills are limited, though, so the provision of a draft sounds
perfect. I assume that you want to limit the focus of a table on the major
features (or even a selection out of it) or do you plan to cover all major
and minor features in such a table?

Best greetings,
Gerry

I really appreciate your work. Since I think that you made a pretty
holistic comparison, I would suggest (kind of how you did already) to
group the pro and cons per product/ application type. As a result,
someone who is only interested in e.g. Calc vs. Excel might get the
info on one page. By linking each point/line to a more detailed
explanation further below, we might combine a quick overview with
fully phrased content... Will see what I can do next Friday.

When I wrote my mail I had something like
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_office_suites> in mind
which also links to
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_word_processors> and
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_spreadsheet_software>.
Btw. maybe <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice_Writer> gives you
also further ideas what might be useful to compare... Having only
MSO2007 I don't know how much some functionalities changed.

Sorry, just an idea, did not check that yet: Did you already include
the information from
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5> and
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.6> in your list?

Have a nice week!