Hi Peter,

On Fri, 2012-06-15 at 23:40 +0200, Peter Tillemans wrote:
 Something like
this : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2012-June/033525.html

        Yes ! :-) Sorry for the delay, I just got around to merging that & add
you to the wiki in abit.

        it'd be nice to default to that too. Defaults live in
        officecfg/ and/or come from some system detection logic
        somewhere - keys to git grep for might be ExternalMailer,
        CommandProfile etc.

I am trying to wrap my head around the default configuration. As it
seems on Linux xdg-email works on all common desktop environments, at
least the ones which also have a libreoffice autodetect driver. Then
the autodetect can be shortcircuited and xdg-email used as default.

        Yep - sounds sensible.

However I am going to need some more study to change the default.

        Any progress there ? :-)

        If you can change the setting in the UI; then storing your
~/.config/libreoffice before and after, and doing a diff -ur (perhaps
with some xmllint --format magic) can often help pinpoint the exact
place in officecfg/ to poke at.

        Thanks !

                Michael.